Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Shopping our Stash #167 - Don't Crimp My Style!


Er, or, maybe yes, crimp my style? lol! This week at Shopping our Stash we want you to include a crimped element - use a paper crimper, corrugated cardboard/paper, or ric-rac. 

I could have SWORN I had some corrugated metallic papers in my stash. I dug through everything and conceded defeat. And then I cut the flap off of one of my storage boxes by my desk. Have x-acto blade, will deface :) Because I knew this was going to be a big fat embellished card, I decided to make it 5.25" square so it can be delivered in a little box.



Supplies: Mainly scraps or stash - lace, buttons, canvas, cardboard, vellum. May Arts cream twine; Spellbinders butterfly dies; classic small & lacy circle Nesties; crocheted mat by me


I peeled one side of the paper off the cardboard to expose the corrugated bits, and tore it to about the right size for the background piece. So that all the stitching didn't show on the inside of the card, I assembled everything just on the canvas piece and then glued THAT to the card base when I was finished. 


The crocheted mat had a glaring white middle next to the creams & browns, so I cut a piece of vellum to soften it. It's held in place by the stitches in the centre holding the butterflies, button, and bow. 

Since this is a non-standard card shape, I'm also entering it over at the JUGs Wild Card challenge!

So, if you'd like to crimp your own style, join us before next Monday, September 8th!

Barb (off this week)

xoxo,
Jessi

18 comments:

lauren bergold said...

love*LOVE*loooooooooooove this masterpiece of texture!!! every single layer is PERFECTION, missus!!! <3

Chana Malkah said...

This is gorgeous. Jessie! I love the tone on tone and uour treatment of the cardboard is dead on! Nice work, as always,
Hugz,
Chana

jimlynn said...

You get a big triple WOW on this Jessi!!! Stunning and I love everything about it.
Lynn

Andrea W said...

So much lovely texture. Your card is beautiful Jessi!

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Jo x

Lindsey said...

Perfect combination of colours and textures -- and your corrugated butterfly is amazing!

Carol L said...

This is a true stunner of a card! I love every single delicious detail! L.O.V.E.

Donna said...

Ohhhhhh sooo pretty!! You rocked it girlfriend! Pretty cool what you can do with a piece of a box! Fab job lady!

walchowDesign said...

Gorgeous card, Jessi! Love your spontaneous thinking of where to get your corrugated cardstock - Love all the different textures on this card and the special butterfly! Winner to me!

Marisa said...

GORGEOUS! Love the neutral colour pallet, the butterfly (a personal favorite image of mine), the corrugated paper and lovely lace trim around the butterfly., not to mention the buttons and lace. Great card! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls.

Debbie said...

Wow, Jessi!! This is so beautiful! I LOVE all these layers and textures!!

Leslie Hanna said...

I loooove all the texture! And yes, dismembering a box is always an option. We crafters can be ruthless!

Ina G said...

Jessi - this is simply stunning. Love the whole layout and the beautiful soft colours. Like the effect the corrugated paper adds to a card. Awesome.

Pamellia said...

Wow, this is fantastic! I just love all the neutral tones and your butterfly! The line of buttons is such a great way to embellish! love it :)

Dana said...

Whoa!! This is beautiful!! I love all the corrugated box pieces!! Esp the layered butterfly!!

Greta said...

Who knew corrugated could be elegant?! One of my favorites, Jessi!

Melissa Craig said...

On my way to your TMS post, I always see fabulous projects from you. But this one stopped me in my tracks! Love it! It's so organic and beautiful.

lostinpaper said...

Shut the door! Jessi this is incredible!